As we all know curly hair is relatively high maintenance than straight hair because of the difference in texture and styling. One of the frequently asked questions about curly hair is “how to dry curly hair” because curls getting frizzy, tangled and curls being uneven are the commonly discussed problem.
As an answer to these concerns, here are a few methods through which you can dry your curly hair, without ruining your pretty curls.
1. Diffusing Curly hair:
Using a hair dryer with the diffuser is a must if you have curly hair and you need to quickly blow dry your hair. Here are some easy steps on how to dry your hair using a hair diffuser.
- Apply your curl styling products.
- Use a hair dryer with a hair diffuser attached to it. Now scrunch your hair towards the roots with tips in the diffuser.
- If you want your hair to appear longer when your hair is half dry while diffusing your hair, stop using the diffuser and use a simple dryer nozzle to finish drying your hair.
2. Plopping curly hair:
This method can come in handy if you have a problem with frizzy hair. Steps to apply plopping curly hair are given below:
- Apply your curl styling products to wet hair. Now lay a cotton T-shirt on a flat surface and bend on it, your hair over the t-shirt. Now start plopping your hair in its center.
- Now fold the t-shirt on your head I such a way that the lower side is folded around your neck and sleeves around your forehead. You have to do this so that the plopped-up hair in the t-shirt doesn’t get tangled
- Remove the t-shirt when your hair becomes dry and gently detangle some of your curls to create a messy look.
3. Microfiber towel:
Using a microfiber towel will help you avoid getting frizzy hair and getting defined curls because the terry cloth towel absorbs a lot of hair moisture and can damage hair cuticles when you squeeze water out of your hair. When you rinse out your conditioner, apply your curl styling products. Then use this towel to scrunch out the water from your hair.
4. Air drying:
The main advantage of air drying your hair is your hair being saved from heat damage and as you do not mess with your hair very much while doing it, your curls will be more defined, and they will have a lock-in shine.
Even though air drying may seem like it does not require much work, you must keep in mind the following points while doing so get the desired results.
- After washing your hair, detangle them using your fingers. This will allow your curls to clump together. Do not use a comb or you will get frizzy hair.
- To add volume to your hair, first, apply mousse in your strands when your hair is soaking wet. Then take a microfiber towel and squeeze excess water out of the hair by doing it from tips to the roots. Now add metal clips at the roots of your curls and leave it there until your hair is dry. Then remove the clips and fluff up your curls a little bit until you are happy with them.
- If you do not have time, first squeeze out excess water using a microfiber towel, then apply your hairspray on wet hair and diffuse the ends of your hair to make your hair dry faster.
Having natural curls is considered a blessing and you should love your curls too. Treat your curls with care and try to avoid styling that involves heat as much as possible. Curly hair can be managed efficiently if you know these basic tips. Try not to run fingers in your hair when they are styled to avoid any unnecessary frizz and you will be good to go. Have a good hair day!
Tim is a senior staff writer from Electronics & Digital category. He has certified by the world’s recognize institute. Now, All electronic & digital information related to Tim.