You often stuck that how can you clean a meat slicer? If you own a meat slicer at home, then you may face the cleaning problem as well. A meat slicer is also called a slicer. It is essential. It is most commonly used in shops and houses. It is used to cut meat and other deli products. If you compare meat slicer with a knife, then a meat slicer is effortless because it is easy to cut meals with meat slicer than a knife. It is essential to clean a meat slicer because when you cut various products. The food is stuck in the slicer, and this may help bacteria to grow.
In this article, we will discuss the method or steps to clean a meat slicer. Let’s start the method without ado.
Precautions Before starting:
Before cleaning the meat slicer, you must follow the precautionary steps as given below.
- You must wear protective gloves such as cut-resistant gloves (protect from the cut) while handling the blade.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully because they better know the product as compared to us.
- Don’t try to use steel wool because it may scratch the machine.
- Never put the slicer in a dishwasher or sink because it may be risky.
- You need to prepare on wash and one rinse bucket. The bucket must have wash detergent and warm water in a bucket, so it stops the germs from growing.
- It would be best if you prepared sanitizer spray for the meat slicer.
Steps to clean meat slicer:
After discussing the precautionary measures, let’s get started to follow the steps to clean the meat slicer.
- Initially, you need to unplug or lock the meat slicer and disable the slicer before use.
- Now, you need to set the blade to zero. After this, you need to wipe away the large food particles with a towel, cloth, or gentle scrub pad. You should keep in mind that you don’t use steel wool.
- Pull out the slicer by removing the product tray (food chute), blade plate, and guard. If the slicer has a knife sharpener, remove that too. Now, you need to wash, rinse, and sanitize the slicer’s part in your three-compartment tray and let them left for dry.
- To clean the slicer, you need to use a brush on it. Clean the scrub areas like seams, screw, and handles. If your slicer has a knife removal tool, it is useful if you use that tool. If your slicer has no knife removal tool, then be careful.
- Now, you need to clean a blade and blade guard. For this, you need to use a paper towel. Place a paper towel between the blade and the blade guard. It is essential to remove residue from the backside of the blade.
- With protected hands, you need to use a towel to clean the slicer. Clean the areas that you scrubbed earlier. It would be best if you washed a blade from the center than moving outwards.
- If your meat slicer has a center hole at a blade, then clean it with a small brush as well. Now, you need to rinse the slicer with clean water and rinse water.
- Now, you need to spray sanitizer on all parts of the meat slicer. It would be best if you used sanitizer, as explained by the company or manufacturer. Now, you need to left the slicer for dry.
- Now, you need to resemble the slicer. Then you need to ensure that the slicer is dry when you are closing it.
Maintain meat slicer blade:
Although we discuss cleaning a meat slicer, you need to maintain it by doing the following steps.
- It would be best if you frequently clean the meat slicer and sharpen it with stone(used for sharpening the slicer).
- For sharpening the blade, make sure the blade is clean.
- Make sure to disinfect the blade after sharpening it.
Now, you are well aware of the steps and precautions while using a meat slicer blade. You should follow the instructions given by the manufacturer of the meat slicer.
Erika has more than ten years of experience as an affiliate marketer. She has always been interested in the healing potential of the affiliate contents. Barker considers affiliate as a powerful remedy with minimal side effects. She knows how to help users make rational buying decisions based on unbiased and accurate reviews of different products and brands.